Let Library Elf help you manage your renewals, loans, and holds.
Keep track of your library materials
You love to read. You check things out all the time. Remembering what's due when and where can be a headache! Want an easy way to keep track of what’s due, overdue,
or ready for pickup? How about auto-renewal for items not on hold for someone else or consolidated notices for your family members’ library accounts? Library Elf might be just the help you need!
Library Elf is a free service for Yakima Valley Libraries cardholders that sends you text or email reminders when items are due, overdue,
or when you have holds ready for pick-up.
Cardholders can also choose to have library materials automatically renew as long as the item is not a Lucky Day item or on hold for someone else.
Library Elf allows you to keep track of multiple library accounts from one central location and it lets you set up reminder notices whenever you want to receive them. The reminders can be via text message, RSS feed, iCal or email.
Who uses Library Elf?
- Anyone who wants to reduce overdue fines
- Families with children and lots of books
- Anyone who requests a lot of holds
How do I sign up for Library Elf?
- Email and/or RSS alerts before items are due and after they are overdue
- Email and/or RSS alerts on overdues and holds
- Consolidated lists of yours or your family’s loans and holds
- Cellphone text message alerts for holds
- Real-time checking of loans and holds by browser
- Auto-renewals of eligible items
Sign up for Elf!
- Visit Yakima Valley Libraries’ Library Elf sign up form to create an account.
- You will need the barcode number and PIN for each library card that you wish to manage in your Library Elf account.
- Specify what types of notices you wish to receive (holds pickup, due date reminders, and/or overdues), how you wish to receive them (email, text message, etc.), and how often (just once or every day).
Please note: Yakima Valley Libraries will continue to send you notices as we've done in the past. Library Elf notices and alerts are available as an additional service and are completely opt-in.
IMPORTANT PRIVACY NOTICE
and frequently asked questions
before signing up for this service.