YVL Logo

         Job Postings

How To Use Your Library Card
If you live or own property in Yakima County, you qualify for a free library card (Super Card) good in all Yakima Valley Libraries. Free service areas include all of Yakima County except within the city limits of Grandview, which hosts its own public library.

The Super Card is giving you access to, among others, these wonderful YVL services:
Important information:
To apply for an adult Super Card: THE SUPER CARD – MINOR

Children and teens under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when applying for a Super Card - Minor. The adult parent or guardian must supply photo ID and proof of current address. To apply for a Super Card for children and teens under 18 years old:


A Super Card for Institutions from YVL allows your school, daycare or similar institutions to check out library materials for use in your organization. The institution is responsible for all materials checked out by authorized staff. Please have a formal letter requesting a Super Card for Institutions prepared on your organization’s letterhead, listing the following:

This letter must have the signed authorization of the head of the organization. Should a person leave your organization and no longer be authorized to use a library card, please contact us or visit your local library, so that your organization’s library record can be updated.


If you do not live or own property in our service area but you already have a library card with a cooperating library system in Washington State, you can get a reciprocal card. Reciprocal Borrowers can possess a YVL Super Card with full access to print and online resources and borrowing privileges. This card type does not include Interlibrary Loan services. Cooperating library systems include the Fort Vancouver Regional Library and the North Central Regional Library systems. To apply for a reciprocal card, please fill out an application at any of our libraries. Please bring your Library Card from the cooperating library system, a valid photo ID, and proof of address.


To apply for the Super Card if you do not live within the YVL service area:


The Digital Pass is valid for up to sixty (60) days and grants immediate access to our digital collections including online databases, eBooks, downloadable audiobooks, digital magazines, and streaming video. Digital Passes are open to residents of Yakima County (except those living in the City of Grandview) who don't already have a card. Learn more about Digital Pass eligibility (FAQ).

Upgrade to a Super Card within sixty (60) days by visiting a one of our YVL community libraries in person and showing identification and proof you reside within the YVL service area.


The Provisional Library Card is for people who live in the YVL’s service area, but do not yet have proof of current address (examples: new residents or people in transitional housing). To apply for a provisional card you must fill out the Library card registration form and present the completed registration form along with picture identification at any YVL’ location to receive your provisional card. You would be able to reserve and use the public computers or free Wi-Fi (at certain library locations) as well as accessing to anyone of our 24/7 online services. For example, you can check out eBooks, stream online videos, reading digital magazines, or using our large variety of digital databases and resources. Also please note provisional library card holders may checkout only 2 items at one time and/or place holds on only 2 YVL items at a time. Once you provide the library with proof of current address your card will be converted to regular status and have full privileges.


You may renew an item twice, online or in person, if it is not overdue and there are no holds on the item or blocks on your account. Lucky Day material is not renewable. You can renew:


In order to offer the best service to all patrons, resources available through YVL are distributed throughout a wide geographical area. Any circulating item can be reserved for personal use by a patron, regardless of location. Such a request is called a "Hold."

To place a hold on an item follow these steps:

When you are logged into your library account you can display the requests you have made. Requests can be suspended, reactivated, or cancelled while in your Patron Account Requests view. For each item, the requests view displays the format and title of the item, the pick-up library you designated, and the status of the request.


To avoid late charges, please renew or return materials promptly to any community library. Fines stop accumulating once the materials are returned Most of our libraries have outside book drops for your convenience.