YVL Logo

         Job Postings

Getting a Super Card

If you live or own property in Yakima County, you qualify for a free library card good in all Yakima Valley Libraries. Free service areas include all of Yakima County with the exception of the City of Grandview, which hosts its own public library. The City of Grandview residents may purchase an YVL Super Card at the non-resident rate.

Your first Super Card is free! A replacement card costs $1.00. You must present your Super Card every time you check out an item.

The Super Card - Adult

To apply for an adult's library card:

The Super Card - Minor

Children and teens under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when applying for a Super Card - Minor. The adult parent or guardian must supply photo ID and proof of current address. To apply for a Super Card for children and teens under 18 years old:

The Super Card – Institutions

A Super Card for Institutions from Yakima Valley Libraries allows your school/daycare/preschool or similar institutions to check out library materials for use in your organization. The institution is responsible for all materials checked out by authorized staff.
Please have a formal letter requesting a Super Card for Institutions prepared on your organization’s letterhead, listing the following:

This letter must have the signed authorization of the head of the organization. Should a person leave your organization and no longer be authorized to use a library card, please contact us at 509-452-8541 or visit your local library branch, so that your organization’s library record can be updated.

The Super Card – Reciprocal Agreement

If you do not live or own property in our service area but you already have a library card with a cooperating library system in Washington State, you can get a reciprocal card. Reciprocal Borrowers can possess a YVL Super Card with full access to print and online resources and borrowing privileges. This card type does not include Interlibrary Loan services. Cooperating library systems include:

To apply for a reciprocal card, please fill out an application at any of our libraries. Be sure to bring your library card from the cooperating library system, a valid photo ID, and proof of address.

The Super Card - Non-resident

To apply for the Everything card if you do not live within the Yakima Valley Libraries' service area:

Digital Pass

The Digital Pass is valid for up to sixty (60) days and grants immediate access to our digital collections including online databases, eBooks, downloadable audiobooks, digital magazines, and streaming video. Digital Passes are open to residents of Yakima County (except those living in the City of Grandview) who don't already have a card. Learn more about Digital Pass eligibility (FAQ).

Upgrade to a Super Card within sixty (60) days by visiting a library branch in person and showing identification that you reside within the Yakima Valley Libraries service area. Click the link below to complete the online registration form and be granted immediate use of our digital collections.
Important: The entry of a valid email address is highly desired.

Provisional Library Card

The Provisional Library Card is for people who live in the Yakima Valley Libraries’ service area, but do not yet have proof of current address (examples: new residents or people in transitional housing). To apply for a Provisional Library Card you must:

Also please note provisional library card holders may:

Once you provide the library with proof of current address your card will be converted to regular status and have full privileges.